Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 6, 2012-Venice

So far Venice is living up to my expectations. It is a totally unique and magical city. I love that there are no cars. I've dreamed of seeing and being in these canals. We got into port around noon and after getting lunch to go we finally got to Piazzalle Roma right about 1:00pm. We bought our 24 hour Vaparetto pass and headed out for St. Marks square/basilica. We were going to go to the Peggy Guggenheim museum but since it was no longer raining we headed to the square. We rode the public transport boat from the mouth of the grand canal all the way to the end. There was an audio tour we listened to as we rode that told us about some if the famous Palazzos that we saw along the way.

The piazza de San Marco-they told us it is the most photographed Piazza/square in the world. I was surprised since I've seen way more pics of St. Peters in Rome. Again we had an audio tour to let us know what all we were seeing. We were able to see

No comments: