Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Magical moments

At 4:15am I don't expect life changing events. I normally prefer to be deep asleep next to my husband in bed. This morning though I knew I had to feed baby Eddie, it had been 5 hours since he last ate and he was dead asleep still. My favorite way to wake him: diaper change. I was aware he was kindof stinky and sure enough, first poop in about 48 hours. Hooray I'm not concerned anymore that anything is wrong. I go about happily changing a diaper (I didn't think I'd ever say that!) and oh no pee! Luckily I have a wipe I can hold off the flow. Uh oh is that a fart? Ok bum check, oh crap! Literally! Ok wipe to bum ASAP. I no longer care about pee. Let's try to no get poo on his swaddle blanket. Mission mostly accomplished. There is some pee and the remnants of a juicy fart there. As I finish cleaning him off, putting on a new diaper, and remove his sleeper I realize This is it. New mommy hood still rocks. I'm happy to do it because I have this...

No comments: