Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 6

Back in B.A., Capital as they call it here. We arrived at 7:20 this morning and I was so tried but was looking forward to a whole day here in the city without running around trying to find people and not being able to participate in conversations. I´ll stop complaining about that, maybe. We spent most of the morning unpacking, showering, laundry, etc. Then we went and had kindof a brunch since it was past breakfast time but most places weren´t serving Lunch. Then we packed our drinks for the day and headed out for China Town and Palermo.
Once in China Town I forgot why we really came. They don't have the good knock-off handbags like in NYC. Then Chad set out to find me a new Chinese dress as my awesome exsiting one has a few holes. We finally found a long one with sort sleaves in my size. Kind of depressing because the sizes run about 2-3 sizes smaller than the U.S. My dress is like 3 sizes larger than I would normally wear. Yikes! Not good for the ol' self esteem.
Then we wanted to go to Palermo but it was so hot that we didn't care to go to any of the parks that Palermo is famous for so we went shopping in the Alto Palermo mall. Palermo is also known for its shopping and Alto Palermo was no exception. I don't think I could have afforded much in there. Even though there was some air conditioning it was just so hot today that we decided to come back to the apartment and chill while packing for our trip to Iguazu falls.

1 comment:

Emily N said...

I LOVE that you are keeping us updated on all the happenings of your awesome trip. Does this mean no slide show party afterwards? Enjoy yourselves tons and tons.