Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 7

Iguazu Falls
Today was so amazing I can't even really describe it in words and the pictures don't even do it justice. The best describtion I can think of is to say that Iguazu Falls is the most amazing thing I probably have seen in my entire life.
We had another overnight bus ride to get here to the falls. Then we arrived at approx 1:00p.m. and checked into our room at the Sheraton Iguazu Resort and Spa. Everyone said this is the place to stay as it is the only hotel inside the national park. Rooms range from $340-$599 for 1 night. Luckily we found a half price deal with Starwood points from my sister. Thanks Jen for being awesome! We stuck out at about 2:00 to explore the wonderful world of nature.

After not being sure what we wanted to do first we decided to go the the Garganta del Diablo (Devil's Throat) trail which we heard was the most amazing thing to see. This is where a large part of the falls start their descent. It was incredible. I just wish I could explain it, show it. Chad tood some video but I don't think even that will show just how magistic it was. Then we went on the Upper and Lower Circuit trails to view even more of the falls. Even more amazing views and got to see the beginning of even more of the falls. While walking along the upper circuit we saw monkeys! Then on the lower circuit we saw a Toucan. These are supposed to be some of the harder animals to see during the day so we were psyched. It was a little after 6 by the time we were done which is when the park closes so we headed back to the hotel.

After we got back we reserved a couples massage at the spa and then headed out for dinner. We ate at the Colors Pizzaria and Parrilla (grill) in Puerto Iguazu. It was pretty yummy. Fresh made dough and ingredients. The food is just some awesomely fresh here. There is a bread shop on every block in Argentina. I LOVE it. Then it was time for our massage. Not the best massage ever, because my sister in law gives those,but really nice to be in the same room with Chad. Then we got our own private whirlpool for 40 minutes and then access to the sauna and showers. It was late and they were closing so I passed on those. An awesome ending to a most amazing day.

3 comments:

Cheril Lunt said...

all i have to say is YOU SUCK>>>> HAHAHA

InkMom said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Jules said...

You mean I´m awesome!