Saturday, October 29, 2011

365 days-Day 5 Smoked Beef Brisket Chili

Today was super fun. I got a text at about 8:05 from my neighbor telling me she was leaving at 8:25 for a 5k that I recall saying I would run as long as I wasn't pregnant. My tummy was not excited about that but Chad convinced me it would be a good idea. I did a lot better than my only other 5k and was under 40 minutes. Then the doggies played with their best friend for awhile and then I went to work which wasn't so fun. After that though I made this Chili and then got to hang with Chad while it simmered.


So tonight I made Chili from the leftover smoked beef brisket that Chad smoked last Sunday. I am no longer eating beef but Chad says it was awesome. It won an award at the chili competition at Church tonight. I didn't get best overall :( If you are interested in the recipe I mostly followed this one from youtube:







After the Chili had simmered for about 2 hours we headed over to Church for trunk or treat. It was pretty fun cause we brought the dogs since it really normally is not that exciting since we don't have kids. The dogs were a hit. Max was a turtle and Shelby was a bumblebee. So stinking cute. I've had lots of fun. This can officially be labeled a good day.

No comments: