Wednesday, November 9, 2011

365 days-Day 15 Fresh Bread and Chicken Salad.



This was always a staple in our house growing up but with Tuna instead of chicken salad. I am not big on tuna unless it is with fresh bread so I made chicken salad which I am a big fan of. I used my bread machine instead of my mixer since it is a little easier that way. This is the recipe I used:


It is as good as the Krusteaz Country White mix that costs over $2-3 just for the mix. It was so yummy.



The chicken salad is a simple recipe I learned from my Memphis mama-Deborah. The amounts needed are guesses because she never measures and I never measure but I tried to take note of what I put in tonight. For a small batch I used about 1/2 -1 cooked chicken breast, 1 celery stalk (large chop), 1/2 small to medium onion (large chop), and approximately 1/4 cup Hellman's regular mayo. You can also add some salt and pepper. Dump into food processor and process till you get your desired consistency. I like it all mixed up really good and no large bits. I have a mini food processor so I make the small batches and then dump into a larger bowl and mix that up if I need more. Taste as you process so you can decide if you want to add more of something.

No comments: